JOB OPPORTUNITY – SALES PERSON @ NOW THEN MAGAZINE & OPUS INDEPENDENTS
Sheffield-based, part-time or full-time, negotiable hours, opportunity for commission, £17,140.50 – £25,000 per annum pro rata (plus 28 days annual leave including Bank Holidays, Travel & Company bonus scheme). Must have previous sales experience.
Line Manager: Managing Director
To apply please send your CV and a cover letter sharing your enthusiasm and eligibility for the role to Felicity Jackson at email@example.com
Application deadline: 5pm on 13th December 2017
Interviews will be held in early January 2018
The Sales Person will work to advocate the value of the company’s creative programme and commercial service offerings by building relationships and promoting the organisation with tenacity and passion.
This critical position is key to helping us achieve our commercial goals, which sustain our endeavours and further grow our impact in our communities. We are friendly and professional, supportive and commercially focused, and we achieve a balance in being our customers’ friends and helping them grow their sales turnover and profitability. We passionately care for independent business and its future. We are both advocates of and positive influencers on the importance of our local ecology, environment and social consciousness.
The Sales Person will thrive in this autonomous role, work to targets and reach the income objectives of the company, while taking good care of our existing relationships and clients, and upholding our friendly, supportive and helpful ethos. Your role will be to generate new business from your own networking, telesales and marketing efforts while maintaining regular contact with nominated accounts, reviewing packaging, client contact and sales reporting, attending appointments and having excellent administration and organisational skills. Working with the Managing Director, you will also create and agree sales targets and forecasts.
- Sell Now Then Magazine adverts, Opus Distribution runs and Now Then Discounts App profiles in line with company plans and targets whilst ensuring margins are in line with profit aspirations and company values.
- Establish, maintain and develop working long-term relationships with key customers and establish and maintain strong contact with key personnel.
- Negotiate and agree commercial terms.
- Communication of sales issues to all company employees.
- Generate profit and growth across all our brands.
- Be a passionate advocate for all our products and services.
- Be fully responsible for profit and loss on all your accounts.
- Be fully accountable for attainment of performance, targets, forecast and forecasting accuracy.
- Facilitate and coordinate business opportunities for Opus Independents.
- Manage terms, pricing and other expenditure within strategic, budget and forecast parameters.
- Develop, agree and implement sales strategy and objectives within accounts across the company’s portfolio.
- Deliver business-to-business, brand-specific initiatives within account portfolio as required.
- Build and execute a multi-layer contact plan for each customer to cement the commercial relationship between clients and key customers.
- Maintain and develop existing customer relationships, liaising with and maintaining customer contact, including communicating sales, statistics and information, and responding to customer requests and feedback.
- Liaise internally to ensure all information is passed to all relevant departments within the business so they can deliver on customer expectations.
- Issue commercial contracts.
- Pro-actively seek new business opportunities, generating a consistent pipeline of new business clients through sales activity.
- Manage and develop profitable relationships with existing commercial clients.
Essential Skills & Attributes:
- Positive, enthusiastic, compassionate & environmentally conscientious.
- Passionate about Sheffield arts, music, culture, independent trade and spoken word.
- Passionate about the local independent business ecosystem and seek to positively impact it.
- Tip-top verbal and non-verbal communication skills.
- Charismatic persuader and influencer.
- Excellent commercial acumen.
- Excellent software skills and ability to use Microsoft Office or equivalent.
- Social media savvy to a professional level.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of sales and operations planning processes.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of sales forecasting and journey planning.
- Experience of physical and digital promotion planning.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of sales techniques.
- Experience of business-to-business telesales and face-to-face sales.
- Confident in initiating and undertaking digital and physical networking.
- Educated to degree level or qualified by experience and interests.
- High standard of numeracy and literacy evidenced by qualification or standard of work.
Desirable Skills & Attributes:
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite.
- Can drive and has own car.
- Has own laptop.